Lompoc woman pleads guilty to killing her baby
Court Alerts
[##_1L|1128477152.jpg|width="130" height="90" alt=""|_##]A woman pleaded guilty to killing her 10-month-old son, who died in January from blunt-force trauma to the head. Fabiola Mendoza Sainz, 27, pleaded guilty Thursday to second-degree murder, speaking with the help of a Spanish-language interpreter. Additional charges of child endangerment and assault on a child likely to produce great bodily injury that results in the child's death were dropped after her plea.
Sainz is scheduled to be sentenced Aug. 16 in Superior Court, and will likely face 15 years to life in prison.
While it was unclear how the head trauma occurred, the baby also suffered from bleeding from the eyes, which is common when a baby is shaken vigorously, said Deputy District Attorney Stephen Foley.
"Whether the baby was hit against a wall, or just shook, we don't know," he said.
Sainz's baby was brought to an area hospital on Dec. 29 in a "non-responsive, labored breathing state," according to a police statement, and died at another hospital on Jan. 1.
Related listings
-
Man Accused of Dismembering Victim Loses in Court
Court Alerts 07/05/2007A man accused of a dismemberment killing has lost a unique legal challenge of Manitoba’s jury system in which he claimed the right to be tried by a jury composed mostly of natives like himself.Queen’s Bench Chief Justice Marc Monnin handed down a dec...
-
Diocese Wins Another Round in Court
Court Alerts 07/05/2007The Episcopal Diocese of Los Angeles is the rightful owner of the buildings and other property of a conservative La Crescenta congregation that broke away from the diocese last year, a Los Angeles Superior Court judge ruled Tuesday.The decision by Ju...
-
Court quashes Raiders' lawsuit against NFL
Court Alerts 07/03/2007[##_1L|1129913968.jpg|width="130" height="90" alt=""|_##]Raiders owner Al Davis on Monday lost his final effort to collect financial damages stemming from his return to Oakland 12 years ago, a move marked by dozens of television blackouts, thousands ...

New Rochelle, New York Personal Injury Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, contact Kommer, Bave & Ollman, LLP, in New Rochelle, New York, immediately. We can answer all your questions and work with you to determine if you have the grounds for a personal injury lawsuit. The attorneys at our firm are determined to resolve even the most difficult of cases. We will work closely with you to determine the best course of action to get your claim or case resolved in the most efficient way possible. We will fight for your right to compensation! No one should have to suffer a financial burden from the result of another person’s carelessness. The attorneys at Kommer, Bave & Ollman, LLP will aggressively fight to ensure that justice is served on your behalf.