Fort Dix plot jury seeks trial transcripts
Lawyer Blogs
Jurors considering the case of five men accused of plotting to attack soldiers at the Army's Fort Dix finished their fourth day of deliberations Saturday without reaching a verdict.
The jury, which was being sequestered, agreed to resume deliberations at 8:30 Sunday morning — an hour earlier than they have been starting.
U.S. District Judge Robert Kugler said the jury gave him a note Saturday saying that it was making progress and getting along.
Earlier in the day, the jury asked for transcripts of testimony for the first time since Wednesday, the first day of deliberations, when they also sought transcripts of some testimony.
The jury appeared to be focusing on the time when suspect Serdar Tatar told a police officer and later an FBI anti-terrorism task force member that a man had asked him for a map of Fort Dix. The man in question was Mahmoud Omar, an FBI informant.
Prosecutors have said Tatar was trying to smoke out an informant, while his defense lawyer said he was concerned about a possible attack.
The five foreign-born Muslims on trial face charges including conspiracy to kill military personnel and attempted murder.
Government prosecutors claimed the men — all of whom lived for years in the Philadelphia suburb of Cherry Hill — were armed and preparing to attack the base in spring 2007. Defense lawyers said the men were manipulated by a government informant and weren't planning anything.
Related listings
-
Madoff mobbed by photographers after court
Lawyer Blogs 12/18/2008Disgraced investor Bernard Madoff made an appearance at the Manhattan federal courthouse to complete paperwork for his bail after a judge set new conditions for release, including a curfew and monitoring bracelet.Madoff, wearing a baseball cap and a ...
-
Last defendant in NM courthouse scandal pleads
Lawyer Blogs 12/17/2008The last defendant in a courthouse construction scandal that involved a once-powerful New Mexico politician has pleaded guilty in the case.Construction manager Michael Murphy's plea Wednesday in federal court closes the case, which earlier led to gui...
-
Man accused of threat to Obama cops to gun charge
Lawyer Blogs 12/16/2008One of three men arrested after allegedly making racist threats against Barack Obama before the Democratic National Convention has pleaded guilty to a weapons charge in Denver federal court.Nathan Johnson pleaded guilty Tuesday in Denver federal cour...
New Rochelle, New York Personal Injury Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, contact Kommer, Bave & Ollman, LLP, in New Rochelle, New York, immediately. We can answer all your questions and work with you to determine if you have the grounds for a personal injury lawsuit. The attorneys at our firm are determined to resolve even the most difficult of cases. We will work closely with you to determine the best course of action to get your claim or case resolved in the most efficient way possible. We will fight for your right to compensation! No one should have to suffer a financial burden from the result of another person’s carelessness. The attorneys at Kommer, Bave & Ollman, LLP will aggressively fight to ensure that justice is served on your behalf.
